This blue mirror from Urban Outfitters is similar to mine, but costs $38. My mirror was about $9 total.
My Supplies:
1. Baroque Wall Mirror: $4.99 (Goodwill)
2. RUST-OLEUM Gloss Sun Yellow Spray paint: $3.79 (Home Depot)
3. Scratch Paper: Free
4. Tape: Free
This project took only two basic steps. First, I completely covered the actual mirror with scratch paper and scotch tape. It would have been easier to cover it with masking tape only, but I didn't have any. I made due with what I had and the scratch paper worked just fine. Second, I spray painted the entire gold frame with the sun yellow spray paint. The fumes do get to you, so my boyfriend and I took turns painting. It took about two coats to hide all of the gold. After the paint was dry I just removed all of the scratch paper and it was done! I'm so happy with the finished product.
My mirror is now hanging in the hallway outside of my bedroom and I love walking past it. Exploring the Goodwill was an adventure; I found my mirror way behind a bunch of other used mirrors and picture frames. This is another great example of how updating old furniture can save you money and make your home more personalized. Before visiting your favorite department store, check out your local thrift store...you never know what treasures you'll find!



No comments:
Post a Comment